Are you a Placomusophile?

Here’s some great dinner party trivia: If you look at the top of an enclosed bottle of bubbly, you will find a round, metal plate resting over the cork. The wire cage rests on top of this flat disc which is often called cage plate or plaque. Plaques vary in design, and are typically marked with the logo of the House that produced each bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine. Collectors of these “souvenirs” are called placomusophiles, while the act of collecting these plates is called placomusophilie.

Get WineSpeed

Join tens of thousands of other wine lovers. Get each week’s edition of WineSpeed delivered to your inbox every Friday. It’s fast. It’s free. It’s the smartest way to stay up to speed on wine.
Email address
First Name
Last Name
Be sure to check your inbox to confim your subscription.