Ok. Did you know these 5 fascinating facts about Alsace gewürztraminer?
- Alsace, France, is the key region globally for great gewürztraminer
- Very aromatic, Alsace gewürztraminer smells like roses, litchis, marmalade, fruit cocktail, and spices, not to mention Pond’s Cold Cream (which all Boomers will know).
- Alsace gewürz is low in acidity–and almost never oaked.
- Because Alsace gewürz is usually full bodied and fruity, it works beautifully with any dish that has soy sauce which can massacre wine; not gewürz; it’s up for the challenge.
- Virtually all Alsace gewürz are dry. But they can seem sweet because they are so fruity.